Project: US
You must login to confirm you are you. If you are not you, but another you, we don't want you. So you better make you you by logging in. See - isn't that simple?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You must login to confirm you are you. If you are not you, but another you, we don't want you. So you better make you you by logging in. See - isn't that simple?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An organized place where we can empty our minds and create the bestestest RPG game ever.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ideas for different races

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ideas for different races Empty Ideas for different races Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:02 am

Aentho

Aentho

I'm coming up with some races that will exist in the world of our game.
Other than regular humans, one race is a strain of mutated human that tends to be physically weak but skilled in magic.
I've also conceived a race of artificial humans who cannot use magic at all but are unnaturally skilled in some areas.
The way I've envisioned things, the three races can only breed with members of the same race. Maybe that could change and make for an interesting plot point. I've also made the three races visually indistinguishable, but I'm told this is a lazy option and perhaps the races should have aesthetic differences... Hmm...
Here's what I need from you guys, in order of importance:
1. Criticism! If these sound dumb, don't be shy about calling me out on it.
2. Names! I need these other races to have special names.
3. Ideas! What could make these special races different from normal humans, aside from what I've already described? Can you think of more races to add?

2Ideas for different races Empty Re: Ideas for different races Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Aentho

Aentho

I would especially like a different name for 'Mutants', since they'll be the established sole magic users by the sound of things.

3Ideas for different races Empty Re: Ideas for different races Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:45 pm

stphspd

stphspd
Admin

I agree, and I was also thinking that "mutants" sort of has a negative connotation to it.

Since they are a natural product of what has happened to Gaia, perhaps they are called the "Novarian" race. Nova = latin for the word "new". Just spitballing. :p

https://project-us.forumotion.net

4Ideas for different races Empty Re: Ideas for different races Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:17 pm

Aentho

Aentho

Novarian? Hmmm, I don't know Razz I just don't want to use Mutants and Artificial Humans if I don't have to.

5Ideas for different races Empty Re: Ideas for different races Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:21 pm

stphspd

stphspd
Admin

Haha, its just an idea! Wink What are you looking for in a name then? Something more obvious? Something more old school sounding, sciency ... ?

6Ideas for different races Empty Re: Ideas for different races Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:27 pm

Aentho

Aentho

That's the thing; I'm terrible with names... I don't know what I want! Razz

7Ideas for different races Empty Re: Ideas for different races Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:00 am

Aentho

Aentho

I'd really like to call Mutant Humans "Espers", but I feel like FFVI beat us to the punch on that one.

8Ideas for different races Empty Re: Ideas for different races Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:14 am

stphspd

stphspd
Admin

I do like the name Espers though ...

9Ideas for different races Empty Re: Ideas for different races Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:17 am

Aentho

Aentho

Me too! Espers aren't exclusive to FFVI so it wouldn't hurt to use them. Lots of other stories use Espers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum