Project: US
You must login to confirm you are you. If you are not you, but another you, we don't want you. So you better make you you by logging in. See - isn't that simple?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You must login to confirm you are you. If you are not you, but another you, we don't want you. So you better make you you by logging in. See - isn't that simple?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An organized place where we can empty our minds and create the bestestest RPG game ever.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sci-Fi setting or Medieval setting?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sci-Fi setting or Medieval setting? Empty Sci-Fi setting or Medieval setting? Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Aentho

Aentho

What this question boils down to is this: What kind of technology did the pre-war world have? Write your ideas below.

2Sci-Fi setting or Medieval setting? Empty Re: Sci-Fi setting or Medieval setting? Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:28 pm

stphspd

stphspd
Admin

I think I'm personally leaning towards more of a sci-fi feel. More fun parts to salvage, and lots of potential for different technology that has survived the calamity and is causing good or evil. Haha.

https://project-us.forumotion.net

3Sci-Fi setting or Medieval setting? Empty Re: Sci-Fi setting or Medieval setting? Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:37 pm

Aentho

Aentho

I think I agree. While it's going to be more work in the graphics department, I feel it'll help set us apart from most other RPGs. That being said, I don't really want to see a high tech FUTURE future happen. I'd prefer for there to be clear limits on what kind of technology is possible, kind of like how there's a clear limit on the power of magic. It's not about what we CAN achieve with technology in this game so much as what we CANNOT achieve.

Hopefully that makes sense. Yeah. That's my piece.

4Sci-Fi setting or Medieval setting? Empty Re: Sci-Fi setting or Medieval setting? Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:50 pm

stphspd

stphspd
Admin

That's OK with me. As long as Vic still has room to improve hybridizing some technology and magic, as well as being just technology smart in general ... I am OK with that. :p

5Sci-Fi setting or Medieval setting? Empty Re: Sci-Fi setting or Medieval setting? Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:27 pm

Aentho

Aentho

There will certainly be plenty of room for hybridizing technology and magic. I just don't like stories that use 'because technology' to explain all of the inconsistencies. I guess the same thing applies to magic.

6Sci-Fi setting or Medieval setting? Empty Re: Sci-Fi setting or Medieval setting? Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:40 pm

stphspd

stphspd
Admin

Ahhh I see your point now! Yes, I completely agree with that. I'd rather not patch the story together through some magical new magic or technology, but rather, the solution to the ultimate goal be due to uniting the races, togetherness, etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum