Project: US
You must login to confirm you are you. If you are not you, but another you, we don't want you. So you better make you you by logging in. See - isn't that simple?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You must login to confirm you are you. If you are not you, but another you, we don't want you. So you better make you you by logging in. See - isn't that simple?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An organized place where we can empty our minds and create the bestestest RPG game ever.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Character elements

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Character elements Empty Character elements Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:45 am

Aentho

Aentho

I've been thinking, what if we had one playable character representing each of the 8 elements (fire, water, earth, wind, ice, lightning, light, and shadow), and the player could choose 4 or so of those characters to play with at once? It could be like Final Fantasy 1 where you are stuck with what you originally choose or maybe it could be like Final Fantasy 6 where you can change your party at any time.

Just an idea. What do you think?

2Character elements Empty Re: Character elements Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:29 pm

stphspd

stphspd
Admin

By choosing the characters you mean picking characters for your party? I love this idea. Only thing is, does this apply to magic users only? Or can this apply to others as well? If Khroma is a PC then I'm not sure what she would be because she cannot do magic...

But anyways, yes, we should explore this idea. Very Happy

https://project-us.forumotion.net

3Character elements Empty Re: Character elements Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:08 pm

Aentho

Aentho

It's worth exploring, I think.

The way I see it, the elements of fire, water, earth, wind, ice, lightning, and light all involve manipulating matter. Shadow, on the other hand, is strictly a lack of matter (absence of light) and thus is a lot different to control.

Maybe Khroma and other artificials can use shadow magic for this reason? Just an idea. Khroma is your character so I don't want to do anything you don't approve of.

4Character elements Empty Re: Character elements Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:46 pm

stphspd

stphspd
Admin

No, don't worry - its not like any or all ideas we shoot out are automatically permanent or must be added, by any means, lol. Having said that, I really do think this is A SUPER FUCKING AWESOME IDEA. lol.

I think making the artificials have shadow magic makes perfect sense, and I totally approve! Its true, I did have the initial idea to make Khroma strictly non-magical - but I made her that way just for variety's sake. If we want everyone to be able to have the potential to use magic, I am so game for this option. :p

We just need to figure out a way of how the artificials came to be able to use this magic. We could just stock it up to the mystery of the artificial's Creators/Rojus?

https://project-us.forumotion.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum