Project: US
You must login to confirm you are you. If you are not you, but another you, we don't want you. So you better make you you by logging in. See - isn't that simple?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You must login to confirm you are you. If you are not you, but another you, we don't want you. So you better make you you by logging in. See - isn't that simple?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An organized place where we can empty our minds and create the bestestest RPG game ever.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is magic learned?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How is magic learned? Empty How is magic learned? Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:58 am

Aentho

Aentho

Can you buy spellbooks from shops and learn magic that way, or are spells learned naturally as the player levels up? Maybe as you fight monsters, you can earn 'Magic Points' (MP) which you can spend on different spells and such. What do you think?

2How is magic learned? Empty Re: How is magic learned? Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:10 am

stphspd

stphspd
Admin

I think I'd rather it be as realistic as possible. So perhaps spellbooks is the best thing. Would it be possible to unlock certain spellbooks as your level grows accordingly? And then if we're using HP to cast spells, what does MP do? Obviously magical characters need it to differentiate between the other species .... ?

https://project-us.forumotion.net

3How is magic learned? Empty Re: How is magic learned? Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:16 am

Aentho

Aentho

The way the game is planned right now, characters can be anywhere from level 1 to level 9, and there's a level requirement for every spell you can learn. Or maybe an INT requirement?

Let's say for every successful attack a character lands on an enemy, they earn 1MP, and for every enemy they land the final blow on, they earn 5MP. It would cost, say, 20MP to learn the most basic spell, and hundreds of MP to learn the most advanced ones. If it's possible to do something like that, then that's what I'd like. What do you think?

4How is magic learned? Empty Re: How is magic learned? Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:34 pm

stphspd

stphspd
Admin

So the amount of MP they have allows them to use stronger spells? Like ... you have to meet an INT or level requirement, as WELL as have MP? Am I understanding right??? lol

5How is magic learned? Empty Re: How is magic learned? Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:21 pm

Aentho

Aentho

Something like that. MP wouldn't be a parameter like LP would. It would be more of a currency that you earn just by fighting and you can spend it to learn new spells. Does that make sense?

6How is magic learned? Empty Re: How is magic learned? Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:36 pm

stphspd

stphspd
Admin

Ohhh yes I understand now!! I really really like that idea. I was actually going to initially suggest something along those lines but didn't because I thought it would be impossible to program/make into the game!!!! Lol. I am definitely down for this idea. Smile

7How is magic learned? Empty Re: How is magic learned? Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:51 pm

Aentho

Aentho

I'm still not 100% sure that it will work but I'm willing to try.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]